Re: Feature comparison between Oracle 8 and SQLServer 6.5

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/12/19

Jeffrey,

Be careful in trying to compare Oracle and SQLServer. It is like comparing a pick-up truck to an 18-wheeler. They both do the same thing -- carry cargo. They can both move one bale of hay or several hundred bales of hay. If you are moving one bale the pickup truck is more economical. If you are moving several hundred bales the 18-wheeler can do it in one trip which will save you a lot of time and money.

For small databases I am quite confident that SQLServer will outperform Oracle. For large databases Oracle will outperform SQLServer. For very large databases only Oracle will support them.

Jerry