Array fetches in Version 8?

From: Johnny George <jegeorge_at_ingr.com>
Date: 1997/12/19

I have 2 questions:

  1. Is there a way to do an array fetch of BLOBs? If so, does anyone have some sample code I could see? It looks like I have to call OCIDescAlloc to allocate a locator before I can do a fetch but I don't see a way to allocate an contiguous array of them.
  2. When doing array fetches of simple types using the Version 8 libraries against a Version 7 database, OCIStmtFetch returns a status of OCI_NO_DATA and when I call OCIAttrGet to get the number of rows returned I get zero when I have given a NumRows to OCIStmtFetch that is greater than the number of rows that will be returned.

For example, lets say I have a table t1 in a version 7 database that has 10 rows. I allocate space in my return variables for 100 rows. I then call OCIStmtFetch giving the number of rows at 100. I will get the OCI_NO_DATA and number of rows returned as 0.

If I do the same thing against a version 8 database, I still get OCI_NO_DATA but I get 10 for the number of rows returned. This is what I expected.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks for any help!!
Johnny Received on Fri Dec 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST