Printing Reports

From: Colin Lang <clang_at_computronix.com>
Date: 1997/12/18

I am doing a project using the Oracle Web Server and I need to find a way to print multiple reports (that are HTML formatted). The biggest problem is taht the client is using Internet Explorer 3.02 and will not upgrade either their browser or their Java Virtual Machine so I am stuck with trying to do this in Java 1.0.x or finding some alternate solution. I can do single reports simply by sending the report to a seperate browser window and having the user select PRINT under the FILE menu, but If I tried to print multiple reports in this way I have no control over page breaks, and therefore no way to insure one and only one report per page.

I had hoped to be able to send the page to through a JavaBean that would process the HTML tags, "draw" the page, and then send the image to the printer but even if I could convince the client to upgrade to Java 1.1.x, I have read that Sun's Bean that processes HTML has printing problems that may in fact be related to printing problems in the AWT package.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other ways to print from a Web App? Received on Thu Dec 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST