Re: ora-01019 hints

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/12/18

Bob Hoppin wrote in message <34980826.3C183094_at_niehs.nih.gov>...
>Anyone have any hints about this error. We upgraded our dll's for
>sqlnet and ran into this for our legacy apps.

01019, 00000, "unable to allocate memory in the user side" // *Cause: The user side memory allocator returned error. // *Action: Increase the processes heap size or switch to the old set of calls.

A DLL has its own code segment, but no data segment. The data lives in the data segment of the application using the DLL. <I think ;-)> My guess is that the new version DLLs require a larger data segment that the old set of DLLs and that the legacy apps have been compiled with too small heap and stack sizes to accomdate the memory requirements of the new DLLs.

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Dec 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST