newbie question

From: Patrick Hahn <bigblue_at_sinix.net>
Date: 1997/12/18

I have just taken all of the training courses of Oracle and now I am expected to make a database and have it run on the web. Sounds like a rough task. Well I hope not. Right now I am starting with an easy project. I just want to be able to search for 5 different products that each have qualities of there own.

For instance CARS

I want to have
BRAND
MODEL
YEAR
CONDITION
PRICE Should I make a separate table for BRAND, a separate table for MODEL, a separate table for condition, and have one table that has BRAND,MODEL YEAR, CONDITION, AND PRICE. I think I am making this way more confusing than it is. What would be my advantage of making separate tables or justing making one table where I insert all the data. Eventually I want to be able to search for a type of car by every means possible (by brand,car, price, condition , year or all at the same time or any combination of them.

Thank You
Patrick Hahn Received on Thu Dec 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST