Re: Quick response needed for easy question

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/12/17

Beth;

SQL> SET HEADING OFF
SQL> SET PAGESIZE 0
SQL> SPOOL DELIMITED_FILE.LST
SQL> SELECT column1,',',column2,',',column3 from table;
SQL> SPOOL OFF

Try it out for two or three columns from a small table. Worst case it won't work with commas and you will have to use another delimiter and then change the delimiter with an editor program. (Sorry, I don't have Oracle up and running on this box or I would be able to test it.)

Jerry

> What's the easiest way to create a comma delimited file from data stored
> in Oracle?

 I'm using Oracle8 on Windows NT for the server.