MS Access/ Oracle sequence number problem

From: Societe Generale Australia Ltd. <sgal_at_zip.com.au>
Date: 1997/12/17

I seem to have a problem using an Access front end to Oracle7 backend.

I am trying to retreive a sequence number from Oracle, store it as a variable and update a record back to the database incorporating this sequence number into the 'Quote_number' as my key in my Oracle table.

The SQL statement in Oracle looks like:

SELECT quote_sq.nextval from DUAL

Apparently, DUAL is a virtual table created by ORACLE to hold information like the sequence number I need

I have to use the Oracle sequence number and not the MS Access counter

If you have any ideas, please mail me

sgal_at_zip.com.au

Thanking you all very much in advance

Gordon Elliott
Societe Generale Australia LTD Received on Wed Dec 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST