Re: The 'joys' of formatting reports in SQL*Plus are elluding me...

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/12/17

I had the same problems and found the cause to be the printer font.

I fumed and fussed until I remembered that Oracle writes fixed length output when spooling. I then realized that the problem was somewhere in my PC client or the $%^&* network.

My default font was set up by our local network admnistrator who decided that everyone NEEDED a proportional font. Once I convinced the network person that I absolutely, positively had to have a fixed font my troubles went away.

Hope this is of value

Jerry