Re: Forgotten password, Personal Oracle 7

From: Sebastian Brings <brings_at_schoepflin.de>
Date: 1997/12/17

> Hi!
> What do you do, when the 'internal' password is lost?
> I know that's worst case, it's only
> for completing the thread.
> (Some fellows around here have this problem on WinNT :-)))

There is a Registry entry which allows you to "connect internal" without password. I'm not sure, but I think it is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Oracle and the entry is DBA_AUTHORIZATION:REG_SZ:BYPASS
It's mentioned somewhere in the NT installation guide.

> And what about Unix?

 ??????
> regards,
> Kathrin Spiller

Sebastian Received on Wed Dec 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST