Help: Upgrade DB from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3 apps stay at 10.7

From: JBHill62 <jbhill62_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/12/17

The current apps is at 10.7 with RDBMS 7.3.2 and I need to upgrade the database to 7.3.3.3.
After the server is upgraded the SmartClient with go to Rel 16.1. This is the reason for the upgrade.

I already made an attempt and failed miserably.

These are the steps I followed.

I log on as Oracle.

1) I made cold backups .....
2) I shutdown the Applmgr, the tns listerner and all database intances..
3) I installed 7.3.3 on a new oracle_home without creating a
database..including SQL*Net v2
4) I choose to relink
5) The 7.3.3 CD-ROM did not include CRT, SQL*Reports or SQL*Forms (any hints on how to re-installed these products easily?
6) I log off and log on as root
7) I ran root.sh
8) I log off and log on as oracle
5) I copied the init<sid>.ora to the new $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory and changed
enviroment variables for $ORACLE_HOME and $PATH. 6) I started the svrmmgrl and connected internal 7) I ran the scripts cat7303.sql, catalog.sql, catproc.sql to update the database objects.
8) I start the database with no problems

Status after all these...

I can log on to the database, I can select, I can connect via sql*net from a PC-Client, and the SmartClient can also connect but.... I can't run reports from the client, and many, MANY of the objects have become invalid..

What have I done wrong, what did I missed...? Received on Wed Dec 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST