Re: Oracle 7.3.3 and Active Server Pages - Whose ODBC Driver?

From: michaela <michaela_at_img.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/12/16

That really depends on the version of Oracle you are using. ASP only works with Oracle 7.3.
I logged a very detailed support issued with Microsoft, and it ended by them saying 'call us back if it doesn't work on Oracle 7.3' Intersolv's ODBC driver (version 3) works on 7.2 and 7.3 very well, but only so-so with IIS/ASP. ASP sends the wrong commands through ODBC; it ends up disconnecting after every command, and resetting the recordset to Forward-only every time (rather annoying when you want to go backwards). Also, Visigen's ODBC driver works also, but with the same IIS/ASP problem. When we upgrade to Oracle 7.3 however, then I'll try the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle.

Intersolve http://www.intersolv.com/
Visigenic http://www.visigenic.com/
Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/

*mba