The 'joys' of formatting reports in SQL*Plus are elluding me...

From: <kgrigg_at_acxiom.com>
Date: 1997/12/16

Hello, I am trying to do something I thought to be simple, but, I just don't seem to be getting it. All I want to do is spool off to a file the output of a select * statement. I can spool just fine, but, just can't get the data to format properly!!

I just want to print out every row with no word wrapping, no truncation. I've set every column on and formatted each to the exact width of the field it holds. Turned off titles. However, I only either get partial data, or all the row only with word wrapping. I have tried messing with linesize setting it all the way to max with no avail.

I need this type of a row printed in full on one line:

N N DARIL ALEXANDER 1976 20TH MCPHERSON AL 12345 4444 N-A 113 555 1233818 N-A N-A 29990 01-SEP-96 I just can't seem to get it going with the info I have. I have looked on-line help and SQL the complete reference. Could someone send and example or make suggestions?

TIA!!
Kelly
kgrigg_at_acxiom.com

ps. I have altered the above listing from my actual output to insure the person's privacy.

pps. Please cc by mail to, our newsfeed here still bytes...