Re: HELP: connect internal

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1997/12/16

callagha_at_cs.fsu.edu (Geoffrey Callaghan) writes:

>I am trying to create a second instance of Oracle on an NT box. The
>problem is that whenever I try to "connect internal", which is the
>necessary first step, I'm asked for a password...something I'm told
>shouldn't happen...and then I'm told I have insufficient priveleges.
>Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

If I'm installing more than one instance on NT, first thing to oi is remove the ORACLE_SID registry key, as well as the ORACLE_SID environment variable. This forces you to specify the instance for all transactions - which can save your butt if you accidentally start one db with another's control files (oops!). But anyway, try doing the following:

svrmgr23 (or whatever)
connect internal_at_2:SID

The 2: tells NT to bypass SQL*Net.

If your problem still exists, check out the NT Install guide re: authenticating to the server for SYSDBA/SYSOPER tasks. You might have to create a pwd file, or tell the server not to use one at all (my choice).

--

Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Computer Consultants of America, Inc.