Migrating Access Databases into Oracle

From: Michael Kuenzi <mkue_at_active.ch>
Date: 1997/12/15

We are going to migrate our MS Access databases to Oracle 7.3. The first step is to make a reverse engineering with ERwin (Access to ERwin). So we can create SQL scripts for Oracle. This makes it possible to migrate the tables into Oracle and let the GUI in Access.

My Problem is:
In Access there are automatic counters for primary keys (surrogate keys?!). ERwin changes this to ROWID for Oracle. IMHO it is not correct to take the ROWID as a primary key. Is there another way to migrate? Has anyone been successful? What about sequences together with Access?

Thanks

Michael

Snail mail         : Michael Kuenzi        Phone : +41 1 977 1232
                     Dipl. El. Ing. HTL    Fax   : +41 1 977 1234
                     Schopfhaldenstr.15
                     CH-8340 Hinwil

Internet           : mkue_at_active.ch