Re: ORA-01119 error - HELP!

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1997/12/15

C. Mason schrieb am 15-Dez-97 17:37:36
zum Thema "Re: ORA-01119 error - HELP!":

Hallo out there!

>We're running oracle 7.3.3 an AIX 4.1.4 and have the same problem.
>According to ORACLE support there is a 2GB limit in ORACLE even at this
>release level unless you install a patch that is available.
>Rasmus Langaard jr. wrote in message ...
>>In article <EKxtyL.3F2_at_news.arco.com>, cmason_at_aai.arco.com says...
>>> On ORACLE 7.3 and earlier versions you are restricted to 2 gigabytes for
>>> datafile.
>>
>>I don't agree - in my experience, the limitation isn't with Oracle (at
>>least not v.7.3) - however, NT doesn't (to my knowledge) support files
>>larger than 2GB - this goes for NTFS as well.
>>
>><snip...>
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>>rasmus

NT *does* support files larger thar 2GB! We actually run Oracle 7.3.3 on NT 3.51 and we have datafile sizes of 3.5GB and even 4.5GB! The datafiles are located on a RAID5 system but this should not matter as it is regarded as on single drive. Perhapt it is worth testing if NT is supporting files larger than 2GB on a single drive.

CU
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de