Opinions wanted: PO7 Win95 Navigator

From: <Mred_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/12/14

This is not neccessarily a specific question, just searching for opinions.
I'm still in the process of learning PO7 (ver 7.2 for Win95) and SQL+ makes a lot of sense as far as viewing a users tables, permissions, table contents, etc.
But then I get to this Navigator thing. It's terminology seems fuzzy. Does anyone think the use of the term "project" seems too arbitrary? It sounds like something terminally in development. Like, at what point does a "project" become a real production application/database? Weird.
Also, this "connection" thing. I create a new user from System (DBA), and he shows as a user, but not as a "connection". Huh? I'll admit I'm still a newbie, but there are some things things about this Navigator that to me don't seem too well thought out or too arbitrary--anyone agree? Do NT DBA's consider this as a serious tool? Received on Sun Dec 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST