Oracle Names Server

From: Murali Kazhipurath <murali_at_jps.net>
Date: 1997/12/14

I am trying to set up Oracle Names Server under HP/UX 10.20. The Oracle version is 7.3.2.3. I used the Network manager to create all the ORA files. The listener and the client files seem to be OK since I could successfully start the listener and connect to server from Client workstations using entries in the TNSNAMES.ORA file. However, I have not been able to start the names server. The Network information is stored on a database server residing on the HP/UX host.

Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to configure the Names Server? Can someone provide me with sample copies of NAMES.ORA file so that I can make sure that the files that I have generated are OK. I need to set this up immediately and any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Murali

Murali Kazhipurath
Oracle DBA (Hewlett Packard, Roseville)