Security Authentication w/ Ora 8.0.3 & WebServer 3.0

From: C. Scyphers <scyphers_at_ncst.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: 1997/12/13

I am installing Oracle 8.0.3 with Webserver 3.0 to a Solaris 2.5.1 system. This system is going to be air-gapped to the world. My client requires SSL to be active from the Webserver. However, the only way I am aware to run SSL with the WebServer is to buy a Certificate from Verisign (as a side note, I wonder how big a chunk of change Verisign is forking over for *that* one). Oracle Tech Support confirmed that this is by design. Since this system must be completely isolated from exterior networks, a Verisign solution is, at best, completely useless in this situation.

Any suggestions on a work-around?

Thanks in advance Received on Sat Dec 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST