Re: Index Questin

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1997/12/12

Ivan Boesing schrieb am 11-Dez-97 22:54:53 zum Thema "Index Questin":
>Hi,

> Can I build an index with an calculated field. For example, I would
>build an index over f_fonetics(<table column>). Is it possible?

I don't think that it is possible.
Alternatively, you could store the function result into the table using insert and update triggers. Then you can create an index on this new column.

>Thanks in advance

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de