Re: PC configuration for Oracle 8

From: Tom Cooke <tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/12/12

Hi Ebeth (not an abbreviation I've come across before :-) )

Are you looking at the Oracle 8 "workgroup" version on NT Server, or just Personal Oracle 8 (which may be able to do a limited bit of serving, I haven't tried yet)? What size DB and how many users? What client side software?

Either way, I'd suggest 64 MB RAM upwards, 1 GB of disk _plus_ whatever you want your database size to be, and the fastest CPU you can get. I guess what I'm saying is, spend all your money.

In article <66s0hd$35c_at_sparta.nvl.army.mil>, Ebeth Jones <bajones_at_sparta.nvl.army.mil> writes

--
Tom Cooke