Re: Tablespace replication

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/12/12

Zachary Agatstein wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3. There is an "operational"
> tablespace there. Can I create a "test" tablespace, copy the table
> structure from the "operational" one, and then populate the "test" with
> some subset of data from the "operational" TS? Can I keep the same table
> and column names in both tablespaces? Finally, is there a tool that
> would make it easy to do the schema copying (other then writing a rather
> complicated SQL script)?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Zach Agatstein

Hi Zach,

within the same schema (u_old) you can't use the same names. If you intend to create the tables into a different schema then create the new user u_new. Set u_new's default tablespace to the new created tablespace. Then export user u_old and import him into u_new.

--
Regards

Matthias Gresz    :-)