JDBC-driver for Oracle 7.1.6?

From: Ingo Ruth <ingo.ruth_at_stud.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: 1997/12/11

Hi!

I'm looking for a way to connect an Oracle-database throught JDBC. On the Oracle-Homepage there are driver-classes only for Oracle 7.3.4, but I have Oracle 7.1.6 (under solaris 2.3)
(http://www.oracle.com/products/free_software/index.html).

Does anybody knows if it works anyway or if there is another way to connect this Oracle-Release throught JDBC using type 4? Or any experiences with type 3?

BTW: Am I right, that the thindriver is type 4 and the OCI-driver is type 2?

Thanks for any help,
Ingo Received on Thu Dec 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST