Re: Secure SQL*Net or Advanced Network Services

From: Pinchas Nisenson <nisenson_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: 1997/12/10

We are interested in any information regarding Oracle Advanced network Option aka Secure Network Services.
Currently we are running Oracle 7.3.2.3 and in the ANO documentation states that we need to be at sql net v.2.3.3 on the server and the client which we are not. We are planning on installing oracle 7.3.4. soon so that should get us the right sql net version. I would like to know how easy it is to selectively turn on the security and the encryption on some of the clients but not all of them. Any other comments are also welcome.

--
Thanks ..