Re: Help, I am desperate: Sql problems or a bug

From: Luis Cabral <cabral_at_merconet.com.br>
Date: 1997/12/10

Hi,

I had a query on a report that joined two tables. The first one had 27000 lines,
the second *no rows*, and even so the query took about 5 minutes to execute.
It seemed that the optimizer was going through the first table, so I put the
optimizer hint /*+ use_nl(my_table) */ where my_table it the table that has to have less rows (in my case, no rows).

So, I can try:

select /*+ use_nl(ose.bundt) */ nvl(round(sum(fp.beloeb),0),0)*(-1) from ose.bundt bu, ose.fpost
fp
where fp.rgkod = '0001'

assuming ose.bundt to be the table with less rows.

I hope it help you, and I would be glad if you could tell me if that worked or not

Luis Cabral (Brasil)
cabral_at_merconet.com.br

Casper Thrane <ct_at_benau.dk> escreveu no artigo <348D93D5.D5BA648A_at_benau.dk>...