Re: Oracle and Digital drop Support of VAX/VMS post 1999.

From: Bill Merriam <merriam_at_meridian.com>
Date: 1997/12/10

Digital has consistently said that they will support VMS "well into the 21st century". They'll have a lot of upset customers, third party vendors, and analysts if they go back on that. I'd suggest checking the source of the rumor, as well as the details. Its possible that one or more of the older versions of VMS are being dropped from support (I'd suspect because of the year 2000 problem, given the date/time you mention).

--
Bill Merriam, LAT Program Manager, Meridian Technology Corp.
LAT/ Windows-NT cross-network printing; Telnet-to-LAT, NetBIOS-to-LAT

David Jones <david_j.jones_at_virgin.net> wrote in article
<66hcba$kf4$1_at_nclient3-gui.server.virgin.net>...