Re: Calling Oracle Stored Procedures from Powerbuilder 3.0

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/12/09

al.davis_at_ns.sympatico.ca wrote:

> I am trying to call an Oracle stored procedure from an older version
> of Powerbuilder, 3.0d. I can not get past the Oracle error
> PLS-306 wrong number of types of arguments in call name. The
> Powerbuilder string variables have been assigned a value. The call
> to an Oracle procedure not passing any variables back works successfully.
>
> There are two in variables and two out variables. Powerbuilder does
> not appear to like the IN OUT declaration. The execution of
> the procedure complains about the third variable, which is the first
> out variable. Does anyone know the missing piece or have any ideas
> what to try?

Dont put any place holders for the out vars in the powerscript part. if you want to retrive the outvars you will have to make the procedure call a cursor in powerscript and getch from the cursor to get the values after you execute it.

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator, mailto:jtesta_at_scioto.net
(home)