Re: Expanding Database Size

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/12/09

SNAGRABSKI wrote in message <01bd00ff$075ae5e0$35adedcc_at_megabook>...
>If you prefer Oracle's Enterprise Manager provides a great GUI interface
>that allows you to manage Oracle7 databases including adding datafiles to a
>Tablespace.

I'm a die-hard command line fanatic. ;-)

Reason why I will never use Table Space Manager is that any changes to the physical database structure should IMO be documented - so I always update the create database and tablespaces scripts when adding data files. And when some asshole destroys your database after an operating system upgrade, you at least have the scripts to re-run and re-create your database...

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Dec 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CST