Transparent Gateway to DB2 and Informix

From: <kenlinder_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/12/08

We are creating a Database Warehouse and one of the tools we are considering for data extraction and cleaning is Data Junction. We would ideally want to be able to connect Data Junction on WIN NT 4.0 (and the DJEngine on SUN OS) to DB2 and Informix.

Has anyone out there used an 'Oracle Transparent Gateway' to connect ORACLE to remote DB2 and/or Informix databases?

Has anyone out there use the Informix 'Connect' product on WIN NT 4.0 or SUN OS? For our Informix extraction we could use either a Transparent Gateway to ORACLE or use Informix Connect. Does anyone know which would provide faster/better access?