PL/SQL not accepting CREATE TABLE command?!?

From: <kgrigg_at_acxiom.com>
Date: 1997/12/08

Hello all, I am writing some PL/SQL and what I am wanting to do it retrieve values from cursors, do some manipulations and insert it into a table I created in the PL/SQL code, then do a SELECT on the table and spool it out to a file....and finally, drop the table. I get the following error:

ORA-06550: line 3, column 1:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "CREATE" when expecting one of the
following:

Does this mean I cannot create and drop tables from within PL/SQL? I was assuming this was how to do a temporary table....

Any suggestions out there?

TIA!! Kelly
kgrigg_at_acxiom.com

ps. Please cc by mail too...our newsfeed is not reliable here...thus I'm posting from DejaNews...