Re: Multithreading and Oracle

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/12/08

On Mon, 08 Dec 1997 12:55:12 -0800, "David Russell" <user_at_msn.com> wrote:

>From 7.2. all Client Libraries are Thread Safe.
>
>Regards
>David Russell

I believe you mean 7.3. 7.3 added the opinit() function for OCI to make it threadsafe and proc 2.2 with 7.3 added the 'threads=yes' parameter to the proc executable and the EXEC SQL calls for allocating context's and doing threaded programming.

Prior to that, you had to use a mutex with OCI or Pro*c to single thread all database activity.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Mon Dec 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST