Bad install: Personal Oracle

From: Arthur Fuller <artful_at_passport.ca>
Date: 1997/12/08

One of my students got several errors upon install that I've never seen. The install seemed to go fine, she says, but then trying to run various programs results in errors:

Data Manager: GetActive Object failed
Enterprise Manager:

  1. failed to get local hostname
  2. voc-00002: Internal error: failure to obtain interface [logon]

She's running NT 4.0 Workstation on her home PC. Any ideas?

TIA,
Arthur Fuller Received on Mon Dec 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST