Re: Designer 2000 1.2 newbie help

From: Boroskie <boroskie_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/12/07

Make sure you can connect to oraus using sqlplus via installed SQL*NET to test connectivity. You probably need to get the Windows 95 version of Designer / 2000 due to older versions used a 16 bit SQL*NET install orawin directory and \windows\oracle.ini files for variables paths. You can run both 16 bit and 32 bit SQL*NET concurrently.<g>

Also, Designer/2000 have its own application owner.... Usually owner1 and Headstart Utilities and Templates have application owners. The Designer / 2000 respository works inside of an Oracle Installation and manages access to the Designer / 2000 repository. You need to do some looking at the Oracle instance you are running against to see if it indeed has a Designer / 2000 repository.

Best Regards, Boroskie(boroskie_at_ix.netcom.com)

In article <666ftm$k5f$1_at_kronos.crosslink.net>, ljambone_at_eastech.net says...

>Hi,
>I have a copy of Oracle Designer/2000 Release 1.2 for windows. It was
 lefter
>over from a project
>over a year ago. Does anyone know if this is usable with windows 95? I
>installed it on my pc, and
>it seemed to go all right. When I start it, it asks for
 login/passwd/connect