Re: Designer 2000

From: Caryl Lee Fisher <cfisher.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/12/06

The ODTUG lists have one that is for Des2K only. It is a member only list. You have to join ODTUG to get on it.

I suggest that you get training (Oracle Ed training is fine). Also, you should get the 3 books written on the product. The Billings book has the best tutorial for a beginner.

Finally, you have to have experienced help. We ALL crashed and burned on our first Des2K project. The only way to avoid the inevitable disaster is to team up with someone who has found a lot of the land mines. Otherwise, count on a failure for your first (second, third) system.

If you can't afford consulting, and can't hire an experienced Des_at_k person, make your first few projects very small so you don't waste too much money.

Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.

Satish Narasimha <satishn_at_blr.sni.de> wrote in article <34893AF7.7935_at_blr.sni.de>...