HP Disk array configuration

From: Neal Nachtigall <Neal.Nachtigall_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: 1997/12/05

In the near future we will be getting a couple new Series 9000 HP servers in both with Model 20 disk arrays. I have been informed that they can be setup in about any single or combination of RAID configurations we want (ie mirrored pairs, level 5, etc).

My question is: does any one know where we can locate some documentation recommending "the best" configurations for various scenarios. I ran searches against both the Oracle and HP sites but to little avail (I'm guessing I need to better tailor my search) and I am scanning the Oracle and HP books, but ...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. any personal experience on it would also be great.

--
No wonder nobody comes here--it's too crowded. -Yogi Berra

Neal L. Nachtigall
Neal.Nachtigall_at_lodgenet.com