Re: ORACLE OCI AND DB2

From: Ken North <kennorth_at_interserv.com>
Date: 1997/12/05

Daniel Ovadya wrote:

> Hi !!
>
> We've got anapplication here using the Oracle CLI equivalent OCI...
> Does someone konw what I have to change, to connect to DB2 ??
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> Daniel Ovadya

If you want to stay with OCI, you need to acquire gateway software such as Oracle Open Gateways.

If you re-write to DB2's CLI, you'll find your code has a better chance of being interoperable between DB2 and an ODBC driver for Oracle.

--
Ken North

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Ken_North
http://www.knorth.com (real soon now)