Re: ORACLE Home Directory Problem!!

From: sm <sm_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 1997/12/05

What probably hapenned was that you first installed EM (32-bit) in the ORANT directory. You followed that by installing Oracle Book (16-bit)... and forced the home directory to be ORANT (instead of the default ORAWIN). As Oracle Book is very old, its installer did not have any logic to detect that the user was installing over the 32-bit home. The newer installers have this check to prevent users from making this mistake.

Bottomline... I would recommend you reinstall the software. This time ensure that the Oracle homes of the 16-bit and 32-bit software are absolutely different. (Stick to the defaults).

-sm