Re: Secure SQL*Net

From: Markus Schöpflin <schoepflin_at_ginit.de>
Date: 1997/12/05

Phil Herring wrote:
> Are you using dedicated servers on your instance? It seems to me that this
> would only work with that configuration, because as soon as you start MTS,
> the listener redirects traffic to whatever port number the allocated
> dispatcher is using at the time, and that port number can't easily be
> predicted in advance.

According to Oracle's whitepaper on firewalls and SQL*Net, port redirection can occur as well when using pre-spawned servers. I think this rules out ssh in my case. By the way, is ssh running on NT?

Markus

--
Markus Schoepflin                         www:   http://www.ginit.de
GINIT Gesellschaft fuer integrierte       email: schoepflin_at_ginit.de