Re: Improving performance on IMPORT utility ????????

From: Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Date: 1997/12/05

A Ustby wrote:

> Anything I can do to improve IMPORT utility performance other than "buffers" ?
>
> I'm looking for anything, even UNIX tricks.....

You could try the single-task version which has no shadow process and its own copy of the SGA. To do this you need to compile the single-task executable.

e.g.

make -f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/ins_rdbms.mk impst

The same can also be done for expst and sqlldr. Also on older versions of oracle you may find that ins_rdbms.mk is called oracle.mk

One word of warning is that, despite its presence in an Oracle supplied makefile there is still some debate whether Oracle supports single-task executables or not. On the plus side I have never encountered any problems.

Hope this helps,

Ian Received on Fri Dec 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST