Any tricks for Oracle Programmer 2000/Borland C++Builder to work?

From: <kgrigg_at_acxiom.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

Hello All!
I am writing for a friend who is trying to use C++Builder and is trying to use it wth Oracle's Programmer 2000 C++ pre-compiler. I'm not a C++ programmer yet (just learning),so pardon if I don't know all the proper questions. (I am coming from Delphi).

Any way, he is getting the following error message when trying to compile one of the examples. The documenation that comes with the Oracle product is for MS Visual C++. Here is the error: [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Failed to create map file
D:/ORAWIN95/PRO22/C/SAMPLES/Sample1/Sample01.ild(error code 0).

Can anyone offer some suggestions on what is causing this? Can someone point me to where to look for some good information of how to use these 2 products together?

We have the C/S edition of C++ Builder and are hitting an Oracle 8 server.

TIA!! Kelly
kgrigg_at_acxiom.com

ps. Please cc by mail too....our news feeds and connections here aren't the most reliable all the time... :(