How to create temporary tables in PL/SQL program..

From: <kgrigg_at_acxiom.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

Hello all! I am experimenting in writing some PL/SQL and am a bit stuck on the direction I should take. Basically, I have a cursor that is a select statement and I am using a cursor loop to access each row. What I need to do, is gather data from each row, manipulate some of it, change some of it and generate output from it based on values on each row. I am then wanting to spool off the results to files...I will need to have a comma delimited one and a fixed fielded one.

I was thinking I should approach this by using the cursor loop and doinh my manipulations for each row and insert these results into a temporary table and do a select on it to spool off to my files.

My question is this, is there a way to create a temp table in memory for my results or do I have to do a create table command, use it, and then drop it?

Any advice or suggestions on where to look for info greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find the answer in the books I have here.

TIA!! Kelly
kgrigg_at_acxiom.com

ps. Please cc by mail too...our newsfeed here is STILL not reliable... :(