ORA-01119 error - HELP!

From: Beth Beckman <bbeckman_at_lanl.gov>
Date: 1997/12/04

I have installed Oracle8 on a Windows NT machine. I got an export file from another company that I'm trying to import locally. Many of the tables imported, but then I ran into a space problem. So, I tried to increase the space with the

following:

        alter tablespace
user_data
        add datafile
'e:\orant\database\usr2orcl.ora'
        autoextend on next 10240 maxsize
3000000000;

I got the ORA-01119 error message that says 'error in creating
database
file 'e:\orant\database\usr2orcl.ora' because of 'insufficient space
on
device'.  When I check the e: device, it has more than 2.5 GB of
space.

I also tried a maxsize of 1000 and got the same error. I'm not using raw partitions. Can someone tell me what's happening?

Thanks,
Beth Received on Thu Dec 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST