Re: Expanding Database Size

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/12/04

Joe Schwartz wrote in message <3485be25.24059256_at_news>...
> I created a database on an NT server (3.51) running Oracle
>7.3. I made the database too small, so that users running a software
>package using the Oracle engine are unable to add records. Can someone
>please help me out with expanding the database (without, of course,
>losing the existing data).

ALTER TABLESPACE <tablespace name>

For example, if your tables reside in tablespace USERDATA then: ALTER TABLESPACE USERDATA
  ADD DATAFILE 'c:\oradata\userdata02.dbf' SIZE 10M

This command is fully described in the SQL Server Reference Manual.

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Dec 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST