Re: Help: Tuning "temporary" tables

From: Ron Wood <rwood_at_neosoft.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

If you can get this temporary table on striped disks, it would be your best bet. I did this using three disks, and it really made a huge difference. The dbwriters were able to get in and out much quicker, and performance was fixed almost overnight!

I hope this helps,

Ron Wood

Gerard M. Averill <gaverill_at_chsra.wisc.edu> wrote in article <664h57$jq2$1_at_news.doit.wisc.edu>...
> I've got a table which serves as a sort of stack in that it is used by a
> generic calculation process to store "temporary" intermediate
 calculations of
> complex "derived fields" (whose values are eventually stored elsewhere).

> Subsequently it experiences a lot of insert and delete activity against
it;