Re: Automatic SMTP-mail from within Oracle -PLEASE HELP

From: Noah Monsey <noah_at_azlink.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

On Tue, 02 Dec 1997 23:13:48 +0200, "René Schutte" <Rene_at_webhost.co.za> wrote:

>Automatic SMTP-mail from within Oracle -PLEASE HELP
>Hi there,
>
>On one of my Oracle web procedures(Oracle 8), I insert a record into a
>table, by the click of a button of the form on the web page. The insert
>into the table works fine, but on the same button-click I want the
>following to happen as well :
>
>I want to the system to send an automatic normal Internet-mail (SMTP)to
>me, automatically filled in with the same data, as was entered into the
>table.
>
>Is there any procedure/function/package/command that I could use to
>acomplish this???
>
>Thanks in advance
>Rene

 I have been using an oraperl for sending email from  an apache web server. It also works under Oracle  web server version 2.1

 It should be fairly easy to get Oraperl up and running  on most platforms. It is fairly easy to write functional  web applications using Oraperl.

 If you are interested I can email you the cgi scripts.

 My email address is noah_at_goodnet.com or noah_at_azlink.com