Re: How to export data from one table, then load it in another ???

From: Greg Kainz <gkainz_at_orapro.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

I'm assuming that you don't really edit the export.dmp file in creating your scripts. If you use indexfile=filename switch on import, import will write these scripts to a file for you without all the data rows and other junk. I then edit this file to rid it of double qoutes and format it to my personal liking... Greg
Noah Monsey wrote:

> On 2 Dec 1997 22:57:35 GMT, "Dmitriy Evinshteyn"
> <Dmitriy.Evinshteyn_at_lgtna.com> wrote:
>
> Another easy way that I have found for accomplishing this same task
> is to export the table without the data. Then take the export file and
>
> edit it with a text editor to get the sql statements for creating the
>
> table along with the indexes and constraints. Then write an insert

%<snip>% Received on Thu Dec 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST