Expanding Database Size

From: Joe Schwartz <jschwrtz_at_ael.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

Hi everyone,

        Please excuse my ignorance in advance. I'm an absolute beginner at Oracle DBA functions.

        I created a database on an NT server (3.51) running Oracle 7.3. I made the database too small, so that users running a software package using the Oracle engine are unable to add records. Can someone please help me out with expanding the database (without, of course, losing the existing data). I could either create additional extents, create and format a new database and move data to it, etc., whatever you think is best. Since I don't know how to do any of the above, any help would be appreciated. I've read the manuals with no luck, and am scheduled for training, but this problem is immediate. Please E-Mail me at jschwrtz_at_aes.tracor.com. Thank you.

                                        Joe Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST