Fault tollerant system

From: Adriano Policastro <ccsto_at_tin.it>
Date: 1997/12/03

I've to solve the following problem using Oracle 7.3 or 8.

I need to have a sort of fault tollerant system using 2 or more servers. What can I do?

Can using data replication between rdbms, not enterprise if it is possible?
Can a "slave" DB take the place of "master" DB when ther is a crash? How can I organize the data replication? How can I start the replicated DB as "master"

Or can I duplicate log files on different machines?

What's the better thing? What's possible?

Thanks

Policastro Adriano
Oracle DBA & Project Leader
E-Mail Firm	: ccsto_at_tin.it