Re: CONCAT group operator

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

> Is there any such thing as a CONCAT group operator?
> What I mean is something like the SUM operator, which totals
> numbers over selected rows. This one would concatenate character
> fields over selected rows:

Once we needed this precisely, to concatenate comma-delimited values from a set of rows. We wrote a stored function that given the key would concatenate the associated (non-unique) values from the several rows matching the key. The function then returned this string. We used it in an SELECT statement. The table the values were from were a Master table. We were scanning the Child table.
-djc Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST