Re: Access 97 and Oracle Database

From: beauty pipi <seven77_at_tpts4.seed.net.tw>
Date: 1997/12/02

hi,

    I have already setup the odbc for access. The most important is not your version of oracle db, is your windows version. In windows 3.1, 16 bit ODBC driver is the right choice. But if your enviroment is windows95 or NT, you shoud setup ODBC enviroment at 32bit ODBC in control panel.

    You can download ODBC driver from oracle homepage. Install the odbc driver in your local pc, and don't forget to install Develop 2000 or Designer 2000 for Win95/NT. The SQLNET is the first level to connect Oracle DB. ODBC driver is the second level. Test your local pc could connect oracle by SQLNET first.

     --Seven Chen

Walt Michel <michel_at_bessemer.com> ¦¸¼g¤J¨ì¥DÃD <01bcfc2f$3a754e40$5738a0c6_at_walt-dell>...