Re: Running packaged procedures from a sql script

From: Edward Nunez <enunez_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

It seems like you are missing a quote after t_name, it should read like:

begin
 ops.go(ops.project_ra('nfl_team_season_stats','t_name', t_season', '1996_stats'));
end;

Hope this helps,

Tracy Bashore wrote:

> I am trying to use a package that someone built and can run it from the
> sqlplus command line but when I try running it from a start file, it
> does not work. The example that I am running looks like this:
>
> begin
> ops.go(ops.project_ra('nfl_team_season_stats','t_name, t_season',
> '1996_stats'));
> end;
>
> I get a list of error messages as a result of this. The first one is
> pointing at the begin statement and says that a left parenthesis is
> expected. ops is the name of the package. Any help would be
> appreciated.
> --
> Tracy Bashore
> SLIC Programming
> Dept GY2/030-2 E310
> 253-0302 (TL 553-0302)

Edward Nunez
Senior Application Developer
Oracle H.R. Product Development    Phone: (650) 506-8621
Oracle Corp.                       Fax  : (650) 506-1289
500 Oracle Parkway MS 3OP322B      Email: enunez_at_us.oracle.com
Redwood Shores,CA 94065
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.